Sing along with me. “It’s the most kissable time of the year. With the lips picker-pucking and everyone telling you bring your gloss here…. It’s the most kissable time of the year!”
Yes it is the season to be kissing. Mistletoe kissing that is. So let’s get our festive lips kiss ready for both yourself and for your loved one. The weather is now turning colder my the minute and before you know it a white Christmas will not be a distant dream (except if you live this part of the world or Australia where sadly… no) Despite where you live, it’s always a good reason to keep your lips in the pink of health.
Here is our recipe for making your own sweet kissable lips with the help of essential oils and what’s best they make great little party gifts for your guests to take home flavoured with some Christmas
- 1 Tablespoon Beeswax (admire for firmer lip balm – less for more thick body butter)
- 1 Tablespoon Shea Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Cocoa Butter
- 2 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 20 Drops Christmas Spirit Essential Oil or
- 20 Drops Peppermint, 20 Drops Spearmint. 3 Drops Lavender
All ingredients can be found from www.iHerb.com. Make sure you look for natural organic, cold pressed.
This website does a pretty good recipe as well as a simple label that you can print out for your containers. Lia Griffith
- Double Boil all the ingredients except for the essential oils
- Once beeswax has melted turn on double boiler and remove and leave to cool
- Work a little quickly here, once it cools it’ll start to harden so at a warm temperature, include your essential oils
- Pour mixture into a disposable piping plastic bag or any regular small clean plastic bag where you can cut off the tip.
- Arrange your empty lip gloss bottle on top of baking picture for easy cleaning
- Cut off the bottom tip of your piping bag and start filling top your lip gloss bottle right till the top.
- Let it cool. Remove any spilled wax and cover