Winner Winner Chicken Dinner! or in this case yummy Gluten-Free Peppermint Brownies! I have been looking around for a somewhat healthy recipe. But most of the “healthy” brownie recipes that come up on a google search include semi-sweet chocolate chips which would make them too sweet for my liking; or Gluten-Free Flour which isn’t as healthy as you think (it is highly processed). So I decided to improvise by replacing some of the ingredients with a healthier alternative and skip the chocolate chips. I was pleasantly surprised at how well they turned out! not too sweet yet still tastes like a treat!
Here’s my recipe –
1 cup organic coconut flour (or buckwheat)
3/4 cup organic cacoa powder (sifted)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup organic coconut oil (or unsalted butter)
1 1/2 cups organic coconut sugar
1 tablespoon organic vanilla extract
3 large organic eggs (room temperature)
3 drops Young Living Peppermint Vitality essential oil (add more if you like a stronger peppermint taste)
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1. Prepare pan by oiling with coconut oil or butter.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together flour, cacoa powder and salt.
3. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the coconut oil, sugar and vanilla extract.
4. Once combined, add eggs one at a time and stir until combined.
5. Add the dry mixture to the wet and stir until just mixed.
6. Add 3 drops of peppermint vitality oil into the mixture. Blend in a little, don’t overmix.
7. Pour batter into pan.
8. Bake for 20-25 min or until brownies have formed nice slightly crispy edge.
9. Check middle is set by inserting toothpick. It should come out moist with no sticky residue.
10. Be patient as it cools… then dig in!! Mmmmmm!
*Healthy – if you manage to not finish the whole lot in one sitting 😉